Tuesday, June 23, 2009

im in the South... of Africa

as David Crowder plays in my ears we come up on hour number 14 of the flight and Africa greets me with the sunset. it has been long I won't lie, but i've watched Benjamin Button, taken, and two lovers; I have slept and read Larry Crab, Shane Caliborne, and CS Lewis; but I have only stood but once (thus I have cankels)
I have know idea what the next 6 weeks will hold, but I am reminded that just for me Jesus came. if I share that love with simply one person I feel like my trip will not be fullfilled.

as I prayed in the months leading up to Africa I had a chance to pray with one of mentors named Stane Gibson. out of the hundereds of prayers I prayed his stands out. Stane said over and over "God, You are worth it... moving to Vegas or Delware, or stayin in the place you are now, servering right where you are, or going around the world, talkin to everybody you meet or spendin time tell one, God You are worth it.... " as I land in South Africa those words run through my head and heart.
dear God, use me, work in me that You might work through me! my I stand amazed that I might love You more & love people more!

see ya soon
micah

4 comments:

Zach Riggs said...

That's right! Even with us moving to Georgia this week I know that God is totally worth it. Thanks for the good word!
I'll be prayin for you guys. God is gonna use you like never before

Judy said...

I am looking forward to hearing what God does in your life and through you during this trip. You are in my prayers.

Caribbean Cindy said...

HE IS WORTH IT! Can't wait to hear how He uses you in Africa! I'm praying!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Keep em coming. Praying for you bro.